[mythtv-users] MythTV .18 impending release? If so, what's in it?

Maverick mavantix at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 05:25:40 UTC 2005

> Yes it is. Well its a binary that gives you a couple of examples of new
> capabilities, i.e. fades, movement and animations. (There could be other
> stuff, but not in the demo.) If you don't have OpenGL acceleration, don't
> even bother as the demo will be sloooooooowwwwww ;-) It'll be possible to
> turn this off in the proper implementation for slower systems.
>
> Apparently a lot of the initial discussion goes on between the devs off-list.
> Sensible bearing in mind that a) they know the current architecture, b)
> they'll be the ones doing all (?) the work, and c) it'll save them wasting
> breath explaining for the twentieth time why feature X is not going to be
> implemented ;-)
>
> I'm a newb around here, I just got lucky talking to one of the devs on another
> site talking about themes. He told me to hold off substantial work, as the
> whole "kit and kaboodle" was going to be changing for 0.19.

Yeah, I'm somewhat new to mythtv (3 months), and I tried to join the
dev list to submit a bug fix patch and never got a confirmation email.
I guess they have all the developers they want, and don't want any
"newbs" submitting bug fixes. Oh well. Maybe I'll try again...

I understand the not wanting to play 20 questions, but it would be
nice to see a list of "what is planned" for myth, after all, there
might be someone able to help code a particularly new feature, or
already working on it as a hack of their own, as to yet be shared. I
see new addons and stuff for myth just appear on this list with no
warning, sometimes, I go, 'gee, I'm glad I wasn't working on that!'

-Kenneth