[mythtv-users] DVD Authoring and MythTV Archive howto (writing one...)

Tony Paterra apaterra at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 04:52:02 UTC 2005

Hey all...  I've been very happy with my experiences with MythTV (the
program and the community) so far and was trying to figure out a way
to contribute...  Well I believe I may have found it when it comes to
DVD authoring and archiving the PVR recordings to different types of
DVDs.  I've seen a few of the pieces on this topic out there but they
feel somewhat implementation specific and skip over a lot of
good/necessary information (no criticism towards the authors who have
put out docs, overall I've found them to be very helpful, just hit a
pothole when I went to try and archive to DVD).  From what I've seen
as kind of the "holy grail" feature that is missing is that one-touch
burn-to-dvd, but until the developers can undertake that task I figure
good docs and a command line will do...

What I'm asking for is to take a look at the outline I posted (link
below) on my webserver (not used too much outside of a my web photo
gallery so pardon the blandness) and give me your feedback...  Do you
think this would be useful?  Is it missing something?  And even if you
can volunteer some time to write I'd be grateful.  In any case just
trying to help.

http://www.paterra.org/dvd_authoring_outline.html

Thanks,
--