[mythtv-users] "Record this show on this day every week"

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Mon Mar 28 00:31:42 UTC 2005

Niklas Brunlid wrote:
> Is it possible to tell MythTV to record a show on a specific day every
> week, when that show sometimes moves? The "record in this timeslot
> every  week" option sometimes isn't enough. :)

Yes.

> Just asking because on some shows I now have 5 or 6 schedules for the
> same  day since the channel likes to move things around, sometimes as
> little as  5 minutes.

Go to "Custom Record", preferably with current CVS. Enter a rule name
like "Simpsons" or whatever. Choose "Match an exact title" (with 0.17
choose "Match words in the title"). Click "Add...". Choose "Anytime
on a specific day of the week" and click "Add...". Now edit the box
to change the title to "The Simpsons" and the day to "Sunday". You
should now have something like this:

With 0.17:

AND program.title LIKE "The Simpsons"
AND DAYNAME(program.starttime) = "Sunday"

With current CVS:

program.title = "The Simpsons"
AND DAYNAME(program.starttime) = "Sunday"

[0.17 requires the first leading "AND ", CVS does not.] Click "Test".
You should see a list of Simpsons for only this Sunday and possibly
next Sunday if you have listings that far ahead. If there are other
repeats earlier on Sunday, you could also add "Only in primetime"
too. Once "Test" shows you just the episodes you want, click "Record",
choose to record at any time and set the options just as you would
for any other record rules then choose "Save".

--  bjm