[mythtv-users] Changing who mythtv is run as...

Tony Paterra apaterra at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 22:08:28 UTC 2005

I originally installed myth as root to try it out...  Now I want to
migrate it to either my personal user or a new "myth" user for safety
reasons.  I was curious if fellow myth users could shed some light on
any gotchas that I might hit (e.g. any directories that need to be
moved outside of $HOME/.mythtv).  Anything I need to re-configure as
myth?

Also as a separate note what is the relationship between the DB and
the stored files?  I am going to be putting in a separate hard disk
shortly to expand my ability to download shows and I'd liike to keep
the 10 or so shows I currently have.  Does anyone have a recommended
way to move my current directory of shows to a new directory and not
confuse myth?  (assuming the drive is added properly and has been
mounted).

Thanks in advance for your help.

--
Tony Paterra