[mythtv-users] How well does commercial detection work?

Alex Cruz alex at wislug.net
Sun Mar 27 22:04:38 UTC 2005

On Sunday 27 March 2005 12:46 pm, SpikeyGG wrote:
> Does anyone have the commercial detection working flawlessly (or is that
> not possible)?
>
> Thanks,
> -Greg

 I'm using all modes of detction and I can say that it's pretty darn close to
perfect especially when using the auto skip commercial option. Like someone
else mentioned, those commercials that are inserted into the closing credits
(usually for the station like what Sci-Fi does) aren't detected. But by that
point, I'm already exiting from viewing the recording. As the saying goes,
"Your mileage may vary" but, it sure beats the hell out of a VCR  :-)

-alex