[mythtv-users] Need Advice re: xorg.conf setup

Larry K lunchtimelarry at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 20:34:20 UTC 2005

OK,

I have mythtv working, for the most part, but only when my computer
when it's hooked up to the 17" flat panel display that I used for the
initial install.  I'm trying to switch over to using a TV by
connecting to the S-video-out jack on my geforce card.

Is there a preferred process for building/installing/troubleshooting
an xorg.conf file?  It seems that when I install an xorg file that is
incorrect, it either hangs my system and I have to do a cold reboot,
or if I try to switch back the the 17" flat panel xorg file, the sound
and/or video drivers are messed up and I have to go through loads of
retesting to figure out what was broken