[mythtv-users] Live and recorded TV shifted right.

Michael Carland mcarland at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 27 13:45:30 UTC 2005

--- Michael Carland <mcarland at yahoo.com> wrote:

<snip>

> fine. But in Myth, there is a large black area on the left, and the
> right
> side of the video is missing. I would guess the video is shifted right
> about 20%.

<snip>

I've figured this out. Turns out to be my fault, suprise, suprise.

I was looking at the correct settings in the wrong place. While digging
through all the settings in the past, I had selected "(Create new profile
group)" to see what was in there, a new profile was created, and I
couldn't figure out how to delete it. At least not with my remote.

Anyways, I didn't realize the new profile was "active", since I hadn't
selected it anywhere.

Long story short (I know, too late), when I changed the resolution of that
new profile to 720x480 and set the aspect ratio to square, as I had tried
in the default profile, all is well.

-Michael