[mythtv-users] MythTV w/Digital Cox Service ?

Jack R. Hyde jr at jrh.net
Sun Mar 27 03:12:06 UTC 2005

In my area Cox has the Motorola cable box that has firewire output that
works very, very well with mythtv, including the ability to change the
channel through the firewire cable. At the moment nothing is encrypted so it
works brilliantly, including with HBO, Showtime, and INHD1 & 2. I am
dreading the day they encrypt the channels over firewire because right now
it's much more stable than either my 2k or 3k pchdtv card, with dvb or
regular drivers. Firewire = 2 thumbs up, minus a small issue with the unit
powering off randomly every few weeks or so.

Funny how mythtv is more stable and reliable recording over firewire than
the "professional" hdtv pvr cox supplies.