[mythtv-users] Small Disto for FrontEnd

Adam Felson a.f.6 at pobox.com
Sat Mar 26 04:13:36 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-03-25 at 15:40 -0500, Mario L wrote:
> Where have you been looking about PXE booting?  I am considering
> setting up PXEboot for my next upcoming frontend, and I was going to
> go the gentoo route with it:

PXE booting was a snap for me using gentoo.
Steps:
  set up dhcp server and have frontend boot pxelinux
  compile a kernel that does uses nfs root partition
  copy gentoo stage 2 to directory where root is mounted
  on big desktop, chroot to that directory follow the gentoo howto for
building the system ('emerge system' etc.)