[mythtv-users] Power to the Masses (CPU Power that is) - LONG!!

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Fri Mar 25 19:38:48 UTC 2005

On Friday 25 March 2005 03:02, Cory Papenfuss wrote:
> > And I can watch 720p programming on a 1.53GHz Athlon (Athlon XP 1800). I
> > can *almost* manage 1080i programming, but not quite (frequent stutters).
> > My Athlon XP 3200 sits 70% utilized on 1080i programming running kernel
> > deint.
>
>  	Just as an aside, Jarod... am I correct in saying that your HDTV
> does 1080p if you're deinterlacing 1080i content?

Nope, just 1080i. But with the way I'm running a lower resolution inside 1080i
timings to fit the screen just right (1760x960, IIRC), 1080i looks better if
I run it through kernel deint.

Once I get back to my GeForce 6200's component output, I'm thinking kernel
deint won't be necessary, but then a good portion of the picture ends up off
screen due to overscan... So I may ultimately just stick with my 9A60, dunno.

> I didn't know that
> 1080p was a "standard" HDTV resolution/rate.

I believe it is becoming more common on new high-end HDTVs.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...