[mythtv-users] Gentoo USE Flags for Backend Only System

MagicITX magicitx at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 15:52:27 UTC 2005

I'm doing the same thing.  My backend is an AMD64 with 4x SATA 300gb
drives configured as RAID10.  I have 4x PVR250 MCE capture cards.  OS
is Gentoo.  It has an ATI Radeon X300 video card since I will do some
kind of video output even if it is only status information.  The
system is up and running.  The only problem I have is switching
between composite and tuner inputs on the cards (nothing coming in
over composite).  I'm working on the frontend system right now.

I don't know how you will run mythsetup without X on the backend.  You
can always populate the db directly I guess.  I believe MythWeather
will only need to be on the frontend.  I don't have enough experience
with the other packages to comment.

Since I'm "in process" right now I can't be a whole lot of help but
wanted to let you know what I'm doing so we can compare notes.

Tim
www.magicitx.com