[mythtv-users] Two Different Backend systems talking together

Richard J. Sears rsears at americanIS.net
Fri Mar 25 15:51:16 UTC 2005

Wow!!

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 10:09:46 -0500
"Tom E. Craddock Jr." <sigtom at sigtom.com> wrote:

> Richard J. Sears wrote:
> > Hey Everyone,
> >
> > I have a second house that I want to put MythTV into. I have a T1 at my
> > first house and a 3MB dsl line in the other house.
> >
> > I wanted to share programs and music and stuff between the sites without
> > having to have cable, the music files, etc in both places.
> >
> > Is there any way for one complete Myth system to talk to another and
> > transfer the requested movies or music in the background fr later
> > viewing..?
> >
> > Does someone have a good way to set this up..?

> > Richard J. Sears
>
> Rich,
>
> Looks like the plutohome.com already has something like this.  Heres the
>   info from thier page
> (http://plutohome.com/index.php?section=personal_computing)
>
> "When you have multiple homes with Pluto systems, they can all be joined
> as one. Every Pluto Core will automatically create a VPN (virtual
> private network) connection to the others. It's completely safe and
> fully encrypted. The benefit is that you can go from one house to
> another and know that you will still have access to all your files no
> matter where you are without the hassle of copying them."
>
> HTH.
>
> Tom

Richard J. Sears
Vice President
American Internet Services
rsears at adnc.com
http://www.adnc.com
858.576.4272 - Phone
858.427.2401 - Fax
INOC-DBA - 6130

I fly because it releases my mind
from the tyranny of petty things . .

"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've
never been hurt and dance like you do when nobody's
watching."