[mythtv-users] How to eject DVD ?

Dave Ansell dave at theansells.com
Fri Mar 25 15:47:24 UTC 2005

Hi,

     My myth frontend is built in a "settop box" PC and there is no physical
access to the DVD eject button (it is stuck behind the front panel).

     The box does have an eject button which emulates the keypress "ctrl-e".

     Can anyone suggest a way (via Myth or otherwise) of detecting this
keypress and causing an "eject" command to run?    ( Pitty there isnt an
eject button on the myth menu.)

  I am using Xine for DVD playback.  It is OK if there is a DVD in the drive
to start with as I can map the eject keypress in Xine, but unfortunately if
the DVD starts empty then Xine just exits back to Myth.

   Any ideas?

thx,
Dave