[mythtv-users] Question about PVR-350 and Myth...

Drifter drifter at dakota.net
Fri Mar 25 14:07:36 UTC 2005

I am building a Myth box.  I have:

3Ghz Intel Prescott CPU
Intel D865PERL Motherboard (Integrated optical SPDIF, Hyperthreading)
Hauppauge PVR-350
2 200Gig SATA hard drives
512 M RAM
FX5200 GeForce Card
2 HD3000 cards (not installed yet).
Fedore Core 3, 2.6.10

My question is in regard to the hardware encoding / decoding capabilities of the PVR-350.  Am I required to use the TV Out of the PVR-350 to enjoy the MPEG decoding capabilities of the card?  Can the card encode and decode at the same time (live TV)?

I had problems with Myth getting video to initialize, and finally was able to get live TV to display.  It was very choppy, stuttery, and ultimately just locked up.  I am not using the TV out of the card, and am presently just using the PC monitor.  I have a long ways to go on this, but I need to start with a better understanding of how the PVR350 works with the system.

Regards,

Redeye