[mythtv-users] problem: visible slanting lines on tv screen (PAL PVR350) with new ivtv X11 driver

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Fri Mar 25 13:37:01 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-03-25 at 05:50, Teus Hagen wrote:
> Running PVR350 with ivtv 2.6.10-1.770_FC3 kernel driver and it shows now
> visible slanting horizontal lines across the PAL TV screen.
> It runs with X11 with option fbdev /dev/fb1 driver: ivtvdev
>
> I  not sure what caused this to happen with the newer ivtv kernel driver
> and what
> I have to change e.g. on my /etc/xorg.conf setup. This is what it is now:
> Section "Monitor"
>     Identifier  "PAL Monitor"   # PAL
>     DisplaySize  720 574        # PAL  DDC should set these
>     HorizSync  30-70            # PAL
>     VertRefresh 50-87           # PAL
>     Mode "720x576"              # PAL
>       DotClock 42.6             # PAL
>       HTimings 720 760 832 944  # PAL
>       VTimings 576 577 580 602  # PAL
>       Flags    "-HSync" "-VSync"
>     EndMode
> EndSection
>
> Any idea what to change to get these line invisible on the TV screen?
>
> Probably this question needs to be directed to the ivtv emaillist.
>
> Thanks
> teus

I missed this when I set my system up a while back.  It is in an
expanded section of Jarod's guide.

ivtvfbctl /dev/fb1 -alpha -on -globalalpha -nolocalalpha

No real explanation on what this really does or why it works but it
cleared the lines that were overlaying the image on the TV.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

Time and tide wait for no man.