[mythtv-users] Mythtv playback problem with NVIDIA video acceleration - HELP!

Fri Mar 25 12:47:05 UTC 2005

Guys,

I have a problem with my mythtv box.

I have my nvidia card setup for acceleration - the Xorg log shows no errors.

When I turn on playback acceleration in mythtv (XvMC?), and then try to play something I get an error stating tha video playback could not be started.

in /var/log/messages I get :

Mar 25 23:09:39 mythtv kernel: NVRM: client does not support versioning!!
Mar 25 23:09:39 mythtv kernel: NVRM:    aborting to avoid catastrophe!

Can anyone suggest why this is happening?

I am using Fedora Core 3 with the whole shebang installed via apt-get from atrpms.net

Michael.