[mythtv-users] Small Disto for FrontEnd

Dave Ansell dave at theansells.com
Fri Mar 25 11:34:04 UTC 2005

Hi,

     I have a fanless PC for my myth frontend and I want to avoid using a
diskdrive.

      So far I have messed about with diskless (PXE) boot, but I find it a
bit complicated and I am suspecting it might be contributing to reliability
problems with my backend.

     As an alternative, I am considering if I can install the frontend on a
CompactFlash card.

    What would be the most suitable linux distro to install myht frontend in
say a 256Mb or 512Mb CF card?  Would it run under something like DSL (Damn
Small Linux)?

Thanks,
Dave