[mythtv-users] spdif on pundit?

Kenneth Ljungh kenneth at ljungh.net
Fri Mar 25 11:18:32 UTC 2005

Steven wrote:
> Kenneth Ljungh wrote:
>
>> Hello
>>
>> anyone got spdif out working on pundit (SI7012 chip)? I've tried both
>> aplay and mplayer with almost every combination in alsamixer but failed
>> to get as much as a beep out of the box (analog outputs works fine
>> though).
>>
>> Any tip is much appriciated.
>> Running kernel 2.6.11.4 and alsa 1.08.
>>
>> Kenneth
>>
> Set the IEC958 P volume to 0 in alsamixer.

Thanks, I've tried that but still no sound, this is the output from amixer:

Simple mixer control 'Master',0
   Capabilities: pvolume pswitch pswitch-joined
   Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
   Limits: Playback 0 - 31
   Front Left: Playback 24 [77%] [on]
   Front Right: Playback 24 [77%] [on]
Simple mixer control 'Master Mono',0
   Capabilities: pvolume pvolume-joined pswitch pswitch-joined
   Playback channels: Mono
   Limits: Playback 0 - 31
   Mono: Playback 0 [0%] [off]
Simple mixer control '3D Control - Center',0
   Capabilities: volume volume-joined
   Playback channels: Mono
   Limits: 0 - 15
   Mono: 0 [0%]
Simple mixer control '3D Control - Depth',0
   Capabilities: volume volume-joined
   Playback channels: Mono
   Limits: 0 - 15
   Mono: 0 [0%]
Simple mixer control '3D Control - Switch',0
   Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
   Playback channels: Mono
   Mono: Playback [off]
Simple mixer control 'PCM',0
   Capabilities: pvolume pswitch pswitch-joined
   Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
   Limits: Playback 0 - 31
   Front Left: Playback 24 [77%] [on]
   Front Right: Playback 24 [77%] [on]
Simple mixer control 'Surround',0
   Capabilities: pvolume pswitch
   Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
   Limits: Playback 0 - 31
   Front Left: Playback 24 [77%] [off]
   Front Right: Playback 24 [77%] [off]
Simple mixer control 'Surround Down Mix',0
   Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
   Playback channels: Mono
   Mono: Playback [off]
Simple mixer control 'Center',0
   Capabilities: pvolume pvolume-joined pswitch pswitch-joined
   Playback channels: Mono
   Limits: Playback 0 - 31
   Mono: Playback 24 [77%] [off]
Simple mixer control 'Center/LFE Down Mix',0
   Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
   Playback channels: Mono
   Mono: Playback [off]
Simple mixer control 'LFE',0
   Capabilities: pvolume pvolume-joined pswitch pswitch-joined
   Playback channels: Mono
   Limits: Playback 0 - 31
   Mono: Playback 24 [77%] [off]
Simple mixer control 'Line',0
   Capabilities: pvolume pswitch pswitch-joined cswitch cswitch-joined
cswitch-exclusive
   Capture exclusive group: 0
   Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
   Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
   Limits: Playback 0 - 31
   Front Left: Playback 0 [0%] [off] Capture [off]
   Front Right: Playback 0 [0%] [off] Capture [off]
Simple mixer control 'Line-In As Surround',0
   Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
   Playback channels: Mono
   Mono: Playback [off]
Simple mixer control 'CD',0
   Capabilities: pvolume pswitch pswitch-joined cswitch cswitch-joined
cswitch-exclusive
   Capture exclusive group: 0
   Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
   Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
   Limits: Playback 0 - 31
   Front Left: Playback 0 [0%] [off] Capture [off]
   Front Right: Playback 0 [0%] [off] Capture [off]
Simple mixer control 'Mic',0
   Capabilities: pvolume pvolume-joined pswitch pswitch-joined cswitch
cswitch-joined cswitch-exclusive
   Capture exclusive group: 0
   Playback channels: Mono
   Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
   Limits: Playback 0 - 31
   Mono: Playback 0 [0%] [off]
   Front Left: Capture [on]
   Front Right: Capture [on]
Simple mixer control 'Mic As Center/LFE',0
   Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
   Playback channels: Mono
   Mono: Playback [off]
Simple mixer control 'Mic Boost (+20dB)',0
   Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
   Playback channels: Mono
   Mono: Playback [off]
Simple mixer control 'Mic Select',0
   Capabilities:
   Mono:
Simple mixer control 'Video',0
   Capabilities: pvolume pswitch pswitch-joined cswitch cswitch-joined
cswitch-exclusive
   Capture exclusive group: 0
   Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
   Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
   Limits: Playback 0 - 31
   Front Left: Playback 0 [0%] [off] Capture [off]
   Front Right: Playback 0 [0%] [off] Capture [off]
Simple mixer control 'Phone',0
   Capabilities: pvolume pvolume-joined pswitch pswitch-joined cswitch
cswitch-joined cswitch-exclusive
   Capture exclusive group: 0
   Playback channels: Mono
   Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
   Limits: Playback 0 - 31
   Mono: Playback 0 [0%] [off]
   Front Left: Capture [off]
   Front Right: Capture [off]
Simple mixer control 'IEC958',0
   Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined cswitch cswitch-joined
   Playback channels: Mono
   Capture channels: Mono
   Mono: Playback [on] Capture [off]
Simple mixer control 'IEC958 Playback AC97-SPSA',0
   Capabilities: volume volume-joined
   Playback channels: Mono
   Limits: 0 - 3
   Mono: 0 [0%]
Simple mixer control 'PC Speaker',0
   Capabilities: pvolume pvolume-joined pswitch pswitch-joined
   Playback channels: Mono
   Limits: Playback 0 - 15
   Mono: Playback 0 [0%] [off]
Simple mixer control 'Aux',0
   Capabilities: pvolume pswitch pswitch-joined cswitch cswitch-joined
cswitch-exclusive
   Capture exclusive group: 0
   Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
   Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
   Limits: Playback 0 - 31
   Front Left: Playback 0 [0%] [off] Capture [off]
   Front Right: Playback 0 [0%] [off] Capture [off]
Simple mixer control 'Mono Output Select',0
   Capabilities:
   Mono:
Simple mixer control 'Capture',0
   Capabilities: cvolume cswitch cswitch-joined
   Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
   Limits: Capture 0 - 15
   Front Left: Capture 0 [0%] [on]
   Front Right: Capture 0 [0%] [on]
Simple mixer control 'Mix',0
   Capabilities: cswitch cswitch-joined cswitch-exclusive
   Capture exclusive group: 0
   Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
   Front Left: Capture [off]
   Front Right: Capture [off]
Simple mixer control 'Mix Mono',0
   Capabilities: cswitch cswitch-joined cswitch-exclusive
   Capture exclusive group: 0
   Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
   Front Left: Capture [off]
   Front Right: Capture [off]
Simple mixer control 'Analog to IEC958 Output',0
   Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
   Playback channels: Mono
   Mono: Playback [on]
Simple mixer control 'Duplicate Front',0
   Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
   Playback channels: Mono
   Mono: Playback [off]
Simple mixer control 'Exchange Center/LFE',0
   Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
   Playback channels: Mono
   Mono: Playback [off]
Simple mixer control 'External Amplifier',0
   Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
   Playback channels: Mono
   Mono: Playback [off]
Simple mixer control 'Swap Surround Slot',0