[mythtv-users] TV Overscan

Robin Elvin rob at fearsedge.com
Fri Mar 25 09:26:43 UTC 2005

On Saturday 19 March 2005 17:27, Robin Elvin wrote:
> On Friday 18 March 2005 14:08, Ian Trider wrote:
> > > The other final thing is I can't get it to run in 50Hz so it's stuck in
> PAL-60
> > > all the time which means a bit more flicker than I would like.
> >
> > Add Option "IgnoreEDID" "true" to the device section and change
> > VertRefresh in the monitor section so that the max is 50.
> >

> I tried that but X complains that it can't find a valid video mode.
>
> I will have a look at the logs again when I have time and see if I can work
> out why.

OK, I've fixed it as best I can. I actually needed a modeline to force X into
displaying something otherwise it wouldn't start.

Trouble is I tried lots of different Modelines but none of them made any
difference to the actual picture size. So I reverted to using nvidia-settings
to get the right amount of overscan although this means the Myth menu borders
are sometimes lost off the edge of the screen but only just.

Finally, I needed to tweak the Myth playback size as this had a slight border
top and bottom.

BTW, the TV encoder was detected as Nvidia and not Conexant.

--
Rob