[mythtv-users] Problems adding second capture card to mythtv

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Fri Mar 25 04:06:15 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-24 at 22:49, Nick wrote:

> You shouldn't have a problem with the ivtv version, but might want to
> try the latest 0.2.x if you have any stability issues, and as you can
> access the cards from the command line they are seemingly installed
> properly. I would therefore suggest going back into mythtv-setup and
> remvoing the card definitions to clear the database, and then
> redefining them with the correct device names and inputs as you had
> (i.e. both tuners sharing the same cable lineup) and then retesting
> from inside myth.
>
> > BTW: thanks for the reply.  It helps to know someone is listening.  :)
> >

> No worries. When I started before Christmas I had absolutely zero
> mythtv or ivtv knowledge so it's nice to be able to help out others if
> I can at all.

Well I did not have to resort to reordering the cards in the system.
Not sure exactly why but I tried one last time using mythtvsetup to
clear the capture cards and set them all back up.

This time something changed and it appears that both capture cards are
working as expected.

Thanks for the help, it really does help to get feedback on the trouble
shooting process.  This time I can't put my finger on exactly what
cleared the last problem.  Maybe just clearing the database multiple
times is needed.

The one issue I did resolve was the encoder video output.  I don't
remember reading anything that indicated that that number is 16 plus the
main video device number, in my case that became 17 due to the cards
position in the bus.

Going to move the box back to the family room now.

Again thanks for the support.  It really helped me think this through.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

brokee, n:
	Someone who buys stocks on the advice of a broker.