[mythtv-users] Kernel 2.6.11.5 or NVIDIA 7767 vs Myth

cythrault at gmail.com cythrault at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 02:50:15 UTC 2005

Hi,

I thought I'd write a bit of a warning. I may be the only one with
this trouble tho..

I recently tried the lastest NVIDIA drivers and since they would not
compile with my current kernel 2.6.10, I upgraded to 2.6.11.5 using
the same .config file.

Everything seemed fine until I went to "watch recordings". X would
freeze upon displaying the GUI and no recording would show up. The CPU
usage went to 100% and X could not be killed unless a reboot or a nuke
was sent (kill -9.)

Tho, unless I went to that screen, mythvideo, mythphone, mythmusic and
other functions of mythtv worked without problem.

I went back to 6629 and 2.6.10 and everything went back to normal.

I have not diagnosed much and I have not run any traces, I'm sorry.

cyth