Food fight!!!!! (was Re: [mythtv-users] Power to the Masses ...)

Ron Johnson ron.l.johnson at cox.net
Thu Mar 24 21:52:56 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-24 at 16:34 -0500, Jeff Simpson wrote:
> It's not so much that athlons don't have the power, just that for some
> reason pentiums are better at the particular decoding process.
>
> might have something to do with the fact that all of myth is optimised
> for pentiumpro mmx....hmmmm

And that's the basis of your "Intel is better" idea, even though
Athlons have had MMX capability since Day 1?

$ cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep "model name"
model name      : AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2200+

$ for f in `cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep flags`; do echo $f; done
flags
:
fpu
vme
[snip]
pat
pse36
mmx       <<<<<<<<<<<<
fxsr
sse
pni
syscall
3dnowext
3dnow

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

When Swedes start committing terrorism, I'll become suspicious of
Scandinavians.