[mythtv-users] MythTV On Gentoo - Thoughts and Questions

Richard J. Sears rsears at americanIS.net
Thu Mar 24 19:26:03 UTC 2005

Richard -

Thanks to you (and others) for the great feedback. I had a few more
problems with Asterisk and the addon's :-)

Couple of quick questions. First, would you share your make.conf USE
flags with me so I get them right the first time and second, Did you use
KDE or Gnome..?

Thanks Again !!

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 20:11:51 +0100
Rickard Olsson <richie at webhackande.se> wrote:

> Richard J. Sears wrote:
>
> > I guess I was wondering what you Gentoo folks thought about this. Did
> > you use  emerge to do the job, did you have trouble later patching and
> > compiling addons or other programs to make MythTV the best it could..?
>
> I used the CVS just before 0.17 came out and the ebuilds when it was
> released. The ebuilds were a no-brainer to setup. There are some USE
> flags that you need for stuff like nuvexport and ffmpeg that I haven't
> seen documented anywhere (aac, threads and another that I don't recall
> right now), but other than that, no problems.
>
> Most other sundry files are in portage - it's possible that there's
> something missing but I haven't found anything.
>
> There's been no real need for any config file management issues (MythTV
> has just one config file AFAIK and you normally edit it through
> mythsetup, the rest is in the database).
>

>      / Rickard Olsson,IT-Konsult/
>     / Telefon: +46 70 635 01 42/
>    / http://www.webhackande.se/

Richard J. Sears
Vice President
American Internet Services
rsears at adnc.com
http://www.adnc.com
858.576.4272 - Phone
858.427.2401 - Fax
INOC-DBA - 6130

I fly because it releases my mind
from the tyranny of petty things . .

"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've
never been hurt and dance like you do when nobody's
watching."