[mythtv-users] Strange Menu Button Behavior in Myth

Jim Oltman cnliberal at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 14:48:06 UTC 2005

I have been having issues with the buttons in Myth.  Buttons in the
setup, buttons when I go to exit out are all acting strange.  When I
use the keyboard to scroll to the button I want, I hit either ENTER or
the SPACE BAR and the app just sits there looking at me.  The button
actually depresses on screen, but Myth does nothing.  If I move my
mouse around enough, I can get the buttons to light up (like they are
highlighted) and then I click on the button and the command executes
immidiately (I don't actually see the mouse cursor, but I know it's
there and just being hidden by the app).  It's very strange.  In
Jarod's Guide, there is a section on keeping focus on the mouse, so I
did that after I started seeing this behavior and haven't seen any
difference.  I must have rebuilt my frontend half a dozen times in the
past 2 months and this is the first time I have seen this happen.  I
am not sure if this is relevant, but it seems like after I got my LIRC
working to the point of seeing output from IRRECORD, I started having
this issue.  Using the remote on my frontend doesn't work in MYTH yet,
but that is a seperate thread.  Anyone seen this or have any clues?
Thanks!