[mythtv-users] saa7134 and no /dev/video0

Craig Thomas craigdt-mh at charter.net
Thu Mar 24 14:35:16 UTC 2005

> From: "Graham Voce" <gravety at hotmail.com>
> Date: 2005/03/24 Thu AM 05:03:19 EST
> To: "Discussion about mythtv" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] saa7134 and no /dev/video0
>
> Hi Craig,
>
> You don't seem to have the tuner or tda9887 modules loaded.
>
> Off the top of my head try:
>
> rmmod saa7134
> modprobe tuner
> modprobe tda9887 qss=0
> modprobe saa7134 video_nr=0
>
> Then run xaw tv...
>
> Graham

I did this, and I still am having no luck.  I am getting the same error when starting xawtv.  Does anybody with the saa1734 chipset working in xawtv have instructions for how they set it up?  I have seen numerous posts of those who have it working in at least xawtv.  Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Craig