[mythtv-users] Via EPIA Xv Motion Compensation

Örn Einar Hansen orn_hansen at thalamus.nu
Thu Mar 24 11:33:11 UTC 2005

Has anyone been able to get the Via XvMC part working?  If so, is there a
trick to get it to work?

I have xorg 6.8.2, on a gentoo system.  I've downloaded the 'via_drv' sources
from unichrome, as well as the XvMC code from the same place.  Both were in
CVS of the XFree86 tree.  I've also installed the newest drm sources, from
dri @ freedesktop.  All compiled and installed.  Peeking at the Xorg.0.log
file, tells me:

(II) VIA(0): [XvMC] Initialized XvMC extension.

But all I see in mythtv is a blank screen.

mythtv root # lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
via_v4l_drv           127888  0
via                   101600  3 via_v4l_drv

I even compiled MPlayer with the via xvmc patch.  It compiles, ok ... but
complains that it can't initialize the vo module.  I even tried a xvmc
enabled mpeg2play, and it complains that it can't open the desired port?

Any hints would be greatly appreciated.
my