[mythtv-users] Cheap GeForce4 MX 440

pmb junk at umich2.com
Thu Mar 24 01:52:33 UTC 2005

>>Anybody thinking about getting one of these should keep in mind that a
>>significant number of people (including myself) have had problems with
>>the MX 440 and Nvidia's more recent driver versions. Unless you're
>>really trying hard to save the money, my recommendation would be to
>>shell out the extra $30 or so and get at least a 5200.
>>
>>Shawn Asmussen
>>

>I have an MX 440 that I've used with Myth from driver versions 4363 to
>6629 without any problems whatsoever.

Ditto. No problems here. Looks as good as the regular TV picture (analog
cable) through an S-Video cable.

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV18 [GeForce4 MX
440 AGP 8x] (rev a2) (prog-if 00 [VGA])
        Flags: bus master, 66Mhz, medium devsel, latency 248, IRQ 11
        Memory at ce000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=cfee0000]
        Memory at b0000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=128M]
        Expansion ROM at 00020000 [disabled]
        Capabilities: [44] AGP version 3.0