[mythtv-users] EPG unresponsive after watching video or dvd (xine)

Noah Knowles noah_k at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 24 01:32:17 UTC 2005

Hi, I have a weird problem. Setup is Mandrake 10.1, lirc-0.7.0, and myth-0.17
(tho IIRC I had this prob with myth-0.16).

If I watch a video with MythVideo or MythDVD (I'm using xine and have xine set
up in lircrc), then exit and try to use the EPG (from live tv or in
scheduling), I can't navigate in the EPG-- there is a response to the first
keypress, but no response after that. I can exit EPG ok, and there are no
other problems that I've found in myth-- just the EPG. I have to restart
mythfrontend to fix it.

Here's the catch-- I run an X server on the Hauppauge TVOUT displaying just
the Myth frontend (as in http://www.schaefer.dhcp.biz/pvr350tvout.htm). This
problem does not occur if I run mythfrontend from my desktop (still using the
remote).

I haven't found anything in the lircd or mythfrontend logs
(or /var/log/messages or .xsession-errors), and couldn't find anything in the
archives (sorry if I missed it). I don't know where to look next. Anyone have
any ideas?

Thanks!
Noah