[mythtv-users] Understanding how video cards and X work together

Scott Harris sharris at synthys.com
Thu Mar 24 01:09:18 UTC 2005

I have a slower machine and a PVR-350.  I've been messing around trying to get the DVD playing capabilities to work without jitters etc.

Do I understand this correctly?

To play a DVD, X will still be involved before sending the image to the 350?
My current on-board video card can only get me x11.  I'm wondering if a new card will get me xv or something better to take the burden off of my cpu, then it just passes it to eh 350?

Just trying to figure out if I'm working on solving the right problem.