[mythtv-users] Missing Guide Data (Unknown), Randomly?

Maverick mavantix at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 00:36:03 UTC 2005

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 08:49:41 -0500, Nicholas McCoy <mccoyn at gmail.com> wrote:
> I also have this problem.  My temporary fix was to set a cronjob to
> run mythfilldatabase at 11:35 PM and 12:05 AM.  It seems I need both
> or sometimes the 11:35 job clears the next day.
>
> My suspicion is that it has to do with database corruption.  I had
> some system crashes when I first set up the system and I had to run
> myisamchk to fix some other problems.  It was about that time that I
> started having this problem.  I'm hoping a clean install will fix it,
> but I'm waiting for R5 of Knoppmyth before I do that.

I have a clean install of R5A12, and I don't think it's anything to do
with corruption at all. Sounds like something is wrong with
mythfilldatabase, or maybe something specific to KnoppMyth?

I read somewhere that myth clears the first two days worth of data and
then refills it, so it has up to date information... maybe it clears
it but doesn't refill it under some circumstance...

I'm going to setup a script to dump the DB before and after
mythfilldatabase, maybe that can help narrow it down with diff...

d gleba, are you running KnoppMyth?

-Kenneth