[mythtv-users] Lite-On IR Keyboard and Learning Remotes

Brandon Beattie brandon+myth at linuxis.us
Wed Mar 23 15:23:24 UTC 2005

On Tue, Mar 22, 2005 at 09:16:21PM -0500, jondz wrote:
> thanks..i actually have 2 of these keyboards so I'll give
> that a try sometime.  Although i got around the "+" by simply
> using "-".
>
> do you know of a way to make the sony remote behave similarly
> to how the keyboard behaves when kept pressed, for example
> when the down cursor is held down (for example if i want to
> scroll up/down fast).
>
> jondz

What I've done is push and release the keyboard key as fast as I can
when teaching the sony 3000 remote from an IR keyboard, then I edited
the repeat speed on the remote (anywhere from 9ms to 900ms (or was
it 90ms to 900ms?) Anyway, if you adjust that you can speed it up and so
when you hold the button for just over a second, it quickly repeats and
scrolls faster.  This remote has so many features I haven't tried all of
them.  I have the remote manual with me so if I get bored at Brainshare
I'll dig threw it and see if it has a hold and release method.

--Brandon