[mythtv-users] ff/rew problems with Internal player on Videos

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Wed Mar 23 14:16:13 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 22 March 2005 10:32, Donavan Stanley wrote:
> On 21 Mar 2005 23:04:50 -0500, jondz <jondz at dca.net> wrote:
> > (Internal player).  I put "internal" on the video
> > player (instead of mplayer).
> >
> > FF/REW/Page up/down wont work with playing videos,
> > the ff/rew are mostly too slow.   Page up/down
> > will delay for too long (10,30 seconds) then
> > mostly wont work anyway (might move forward only
> > a few frames or just jump backward).
>
> You need to build a seek table for them using mythcommflag.

I was actually going to post about this... I've tried everything I can
to get seeking to work in my movie rips, to no avail.  I saw a post
recently that mentioned it's necessary to run 'mythcommflag --video'
with the *full* path of the video file (rather than the path relative
to the video dir).  I've tried both ways, and while the results were
different, neither was a success.  I've verified that the movies have
seektables in the 'filemarkup' table.  At best, what seems to be
happening is that the video seeks properly, but the audio doesn't, so
the video freezes until the audio catches up.  I'm not sure if that's
actually what's happening, but that's the appearance it gives.  I
should mention that most of my movies are XviD AVIs (most produced by
MythDVD, some by DVD::Rip), as I seem to recall that AVI seeking was
less mature than some other kinds.

I'd be happy to do anything necessary to help debug this.

-JAC