[mythtv-users] DVB OTA EPG in Finland: wrong time

skuli puli keikuli at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 23 10:06:30 UTC 2005

--- Osma Ahvenlampi <oa at iki.fi> wrote:
> me after a few hours of debugging: the EPG for my
> DVB-T channels is a
> couple of too early.
> Any ideas would be quite appreciated. Thanks!
>
> //osma

Happened to mee too couple nights ago. I don't know
what is OTA, but I run mythfilldatabase occationally.
I also use atrpms, and there was somekind of update to
myth couple days ago.

Anyways, I got it fixed by nuking the (old)programs
tables from mysql. After that I changed TimeOffset
from mysql. Then I run the mythfilldatabase again.

I don't know what really did the trick, but now myth
is back in finnish time.

mysql> select * from settings where value="TimeOffset"
;
+------------+-------+----------+
| value      | data  | hostname |
+------------+-------+----------+
| TimeOffset | +0200 | NULL     |

There was no offset previously set. I don't know if
there is GUI for that, mythtvsetup or something, but
since I wasn't near the box I had to do it this way.
Worked for me...

By the way, do you get finnish channel icons
automatically from somewhere (HTV cable)? I just went
around the web and downloaded some images for those.
Don't look exactly nice