[mythtv-users] No sound from MythMusic...

John Kondis jkondis at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 23 02:56:22 UTC 2005

--- Tony Paterra <apaterra at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure what hardware device
> MythMusic should be
> using for audio output, is it using my soundcard or
> will it use the
> output from my PVR-350 the same as my cable?

MythMusic will only use the soundcard.  The PVR 350's
sound output has no driver for it to be treated as a
"regular" sound card; it will only output audio from
an mpeg2 stream that is either a recording or buffered
live TV.

To get both music and TV audio to play out the same
connections, I connected my 350's audio output to the
line-in on my sound card, and "muted" the soundcard's
line-in-as-rear using alsamixer.  After doing this, it
sends whatever's coming in through line-in to the
line-out, via hardware (internally to the sound card,
I think).

In any event, it works great.  My sound card is based
on the C-Media CMI8738 chip.