[mythtv-users] Backend Crashes / Status Monitoring

Dave Ansell dave at theansells.com
Tue Mar 22 19:28:22 UTC 2005

Hi,

     I get occasional backend crashes - usually seems to be some qt/sql
problem.  Very difficult to eliminate entirely.

   Usually, the whole machine doesn't crash, just the backend and/or mysql.

    Question is,  would it be feasible to run a cron script to monitor the
backend status, either on the same box or from some other linux box, then
reboot the machine or restart services if a problem is detected.

    OK, its not pretty, but it might just stop a missed recording!

    My understanding of scripting is close to zero, so any any suggestions
would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
dave