[mythtv-users] Myth Video: some .avi files "stutter" now with .17...worked with .16

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Tue Mar 22 19:26:57 UTC 2005

Justin Walther wrote:

>True...I most likely upgraded other components, specifically mplayer
>at the same time.  I am using FC3 and atrpms and just ran an apt-get
>update && apt-get upgrade when the .17 rpms became available.
>
>I tried playing these files with xine and it worked just fine so I'm
>now sure its a problem with mplayer.  What the problem is I don't know
>but I get a stutter still when i play these files outside of myth just
>in mplayer.

Yeah, one of the curses of apt-get.  People don't just do apt-get
install mythtv-suite, but instead do apt-get update/upgrade and that
results in their entire OS and applications being upgraded to whatever
is currently available.  Perhaps you should try backing out the mplayer
install or installing an older version to see if that solves your problem.

Kevin