[mythtv-users] PVR 250 help. Can change channels watching live tv but not on recording

Louis Adamich ladamich at cox.net
Tue Mar 22 19:23:23 UTC 2005

Hi,

Hopefully someone can help me here.  Just got a PVR 250 and am setting
it up.  It is on a server running mythbackend that boots to init 3.  I
have a remote frontend system.  I followed Jarods guide and got it
working somewhat.  I can view live tv and change channels but the
backend won't change the channel when recording.  It justs stays on the
last active channel.  I put his patch in rc.sysinit and that didn't make
any difference.

Also - My PVR is on a server in my basement so what the heck can I do
with the remote it came with?  Anybody found a way to use the remote and
IR dongle when not connected  to the card?

Thanks for any help.

Louis