[mythtv-users] Myth Video: some .avi files "stutter" now with .17...worked with .16

Justin Walther justin.walther at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 17:38:14 UTC 2005

Hey folks,
Not sure about this one at all.  Upon upgrading to .17 a few weeks
ago, some of my .avi videos (divx AND xvid and actually a couple mpeg1
as well) are now "stuttering" on playback.  By stuttering I mean that
they sorta of hiccup at regular intervals, about 1 second apart.  This
appears throughout the entire playback of the video.  All of these
videos played smoothly prior to upgrading to .17.  Both the sound and
video hiccup.

Here are some details:
All files are local to the mythbox, housed on an LVM volume with XFS
I am using mplayer for playback
nothing concerning playback settings changed
I am using this command in myth settings:
mplayer -fs -zoom -quiet -vo xv %s

I have tried to compare the videos that work and don't work and can't
see a pattern.  Some divx work, some don't.  Some xvid work, some
don't.

Has anyone seen this?  Where can I look to see what the relations
would be between the non-working video?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,
Justin