[mythtv-users] MSI NVidia Personal Cinema FX5200

Craig Thomas craigdt-mh at charter.net
Tue Mar 22 06:31:59 UTC 2005

I have recently purchased a MSI NVidia Personal Cinema FX5200-VT128 card, and I am hoping to use it with MythTV.  I have seen a couple posts about the card, but I am slightly confused.  The one post lists drivers for the card using the saa7134 chipset drivers (http://linux.bytesex.org/v4l2/drivers.html).  Are these the drivers for both the card and the capture?  I am going through the RedHat FC3 HOWTO at http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/, and I follow it fine until I get to the "Get and Install Capture Card Drivers."  All he talks about is bttv and ivtv.  What do I need to do at this step?  Is my card based on one of those, or is the saa7134 driver the capture driver.  If it is, how do I install it.

Thanks for the help.

Craig Thomas