[mythtv-users] mythgame, ok really OT about roms and mame....

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Tue Mar 22 01:12:43 UTC 2005

In the last few days I started getting into Mame, and I see that
mythgame can use roms. I've used myth for a couple years now, but never
really looked at mythgame before, so now I'm even more interested. I
assume mythgame uses xmame to play the roms and it acts as a front end
for it.

Is anyone that knows about roms willing to give me a little help off
list? I've been playing around with some roms and have some that work
and some that don't. I have some that work with version 0.90 of mame but
they do not work with 0.92.

What I think I've learned is that things change with new versions of
mame that can cause roms not to work on the newer version. For example,
if I try to load one of the games on 0.92 it gives me an error that it
can't find certain files, like decoder.2 and decoder.3.

I tried using a rom manager called ClrMAMEPro, but all I seem to be able
to get it to do tell me what I already know, that it can't find certain
files.

Can anyone help me offlist with getting these roms to work? I'd really
like to use them with and without mythgame. At this point I'm fustrated
and tired of searching and searching for answers.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
James