[mythtv-users] multiple capture cards and sound?

John Erickson jerickso at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 22:54:11 UTC 2005

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 14:49:28 -0800, Ricardo Kleemann
<ricardo at americasnet.com> wrote:
> How is sound taken care of then? Is it absolutely necessary to connect the
> loopback cable, or can sound be captured via a device?
>
> What about simultaneous recordings, how is sound captured and recorded?

This is highly dependent on the capture card you're using.

For BT878 based frame-grabber cards you can sometimes use the btaudio
driver to capture audio without an additional sound card.  Other times
you have to use a separate sound card.  I have two BT878 cards, one
works with btaudio, the other doesn't.

For PVR-150/250/300/500 cards, audio capture is built in since the
card outputs the complete MPEG2 stream.

-John