[mythtv-users] alsactl restore and Jarod's guide

Bill Smith wsmithjr at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 22:07:07 UTC 2005

Yan-Fa Li wrote:

>On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 16:18:29 -0500, Bill Smith <wsmithjr at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>Yup, I have it there too. Still no-go.
>>
>>-Bill
>>

>Bill could you reproduce your /etc/rc.local on the mailing list ?
>One thing you need to do is make sure the command is full path.
>Relative paths are not guaranteed to work from system shell scripts.
>Also, if your alsa layer isn't initialized yet it won't work either.
>Try adding a modprobe snd-card-driver before the alsactl.  FC3 is
>supposed to start up the sound driver though so I don't think this
>would be your problem.
>
>e.g. /usr/sbin/alsactl restore
>
>Yan

My /etc/rc.local looks like:

#!/bin/sh
#
# This script will be executed *after* all the other init scripts.
# You can put your own initialization stuff in here if you don't
# want to do the full Sys V style init stuff.

touch /var/lock/subsys/local
/sbin/modprobe lirc_gpio
/sbin/modprobe lirc_serial
/usr/sbin/lircd --device=/dev/lirc0 --output=/dev/lircd
/usr/sbin/lircd --driver=default --device=/dev/lirc1
--output=/dev/lircd1 --pidfile=/var/run/lircd1.pid
/usr/X11R6/bin/xset -dpms
/usr/X11R6/bin/xset s off
/usr/bin/mtd --daemon
# I2C adapter drivers