[mythtv-users] cards with dual input?

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Mon Mar 21 21:27:35 UTC 2005

On Monday 21 March 2005 12:24, Tu Holmes wrote:
> No, I meant 2 DirecTV boxes... Sorry.
>
> If I'd have said what I meant, I could have avoided a
> lot of confusion.

Aha, that makes a lot more sense then. :-)

The header for the 500 is probably worth it then, so you can use two S-Video
hookups. Though that probably means losing use of another opening on the back
of your case to get the extra headers externally accessible. Partially
defeats the purpose of the 500, but if you have extra openings without a PCI
slot behind them, nothing really lost. Something for folks to consider,
anyhow. You can always have your primary one hooked up to S-Video and the
secondary via the tuner. Another thought... I'm not sure if the composite
input and svideo input on the back of the 500 itself are wired to the same or
different encoders... If they aren't, you might try one via svideo and one
via composite video first...

> > I'm rather partial to the 5.1 sound in all the HDTV
> > programming I record. :-)
>
> Is there a card that does 5.1 in?

Input via FireWire and HDTV capture cards are the only ways I know of.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...