[mythtv-users] Epia M, revisited

Örn Einar Hansen orn_hansen at thalamus.nu
Mon Mar 21 16:37:33 UTC 2005

Ok,

  So far, so good ... got gentoo installed, with all the drivers for Xv
support.  Can watch an mpeg movie now, with mere 20% of CPU usage.  Can also
"grab" a movie from the TV card, with "cat </dev/video0 >film.mpg" and it'll
not consume more than about 2% of CPU power.  But, but but ... I still can't
watch TV in MythTV ?  The card in question is Hauppauge PVR 150.  I've setup
all the parameters in MythTV to their supposed values (MPEG2 Decoder card
PVR250/350) since the driver for the card is the same one as for the 250/350
cards (the encoder part).  I'm using the CVS version of MythTV ... any hints
of what I can do?