[mythtv-users] how to select from multiple input sources?

MagicITX magicitx at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 15:23:16 UTC 2005

I have a little more experience with it now.  You press "Y" while you
are watching TV (in other words after you press Watch TV).  It simply
selects the next available capture card.  I don't see any capability
in mythfrontend to jump to a particular card.

For example, I have a system I'm building right now with 4 capture
cards.  Mythfrontend selects card 1 when I start it up.  Pressing "Y"
will cycle to card 2, then 3, then 4, then back to 1.

If I start a recording mythbackend will take the first available card;
card 1 in my case.  Then mythfrontend will only cycle between cards 2,
3 and 4.  Starting a second recording will take the next available
card and mythfrontend will only cycle between the remaining 2 cards.

I'll take a look at the priority settings mentioned by Ralph and Brad.

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 06:43:36 -0800, Ricardo Kleemann
<ricardo at americasnet.com> wrote:
> Thanks guys.
>
> Do either the C or Y key provide any feedback? Do I press it prior to "Watch
> TV" or afterwards?
>
> I guess it would be really nice if the mythfrontend actually provided a
> means, through the UI, to select the video source. Like when selecting
> "Watch TV", there being a choice of which one to view.
>
> Ricardo

Tim
www.magicitx.com