[mythtv-users] RE: Nuvexport dvb-recordings to DVD, problem with aspect ratio

Sami Röppänen sami.roppanen at helsinki.fi
Mon Mar 21 11:28:12 UTC 2005

Hello,

as I previously wrote:

>Note that this is purely Nuvexport problem, the shows that are not yet
exported play fine and with >correct aspect ratio in mplayer or in
windows, with nero mediaplayer. And it's not a problem with my
>DVD-authoring tool either, infact QDVDAuthor complains about an unknown
aspect ratio.

I have managed to get the exported shows to play with correct (4/3)
aspect ratio when I SELECT it from eg. mplayers menu. It seems the
exported mpeg2 files have no header or something that tells which aspect
ratio they ought to be??? Is there an option or configuration tool for
nuvexport to select which aspect ratio you want for your show? Or is
there something wrong with my recording profile, pls help!

I might add that I'm using the latest FFmpeg (namely 2005/03/18), might
this be a bug in the release? Somebody tell me a success story and the
versions they use.

<DVD>

    width        = 720   # Height adjusts automatically to width,
according to aspect ratio
    height       = auto

</DVD>