[mythtv-users] anyone use AverTV AverMedia card

Thor Johnson glassicman at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 02:28:02 UTC 2005

> The AverMedia card, with stereo sound. I believe it is the AverTV Stereo
> card

I think its the same card I'm using.  It works OK (I'm just using it
for basic purposes), and the stero-out-loopback-cable method works in
stereo (enough for my Onkyo to do Dolby PL2 on CSI).  It doesn't seem
to like channels 2-9 very much (my TV shows them fine, but Myth has
interference for everything but 5 [Fox] for me).  I did have to do
some voodoo with the MixerSettings on the module line.

None of the "onboard" sound capturing works; the analog version is
silent, and the digital version has a high-pitched whine no matter
what the capture rate is.  I almost think the high-pitched whine is
the stero MPX signal (so you could theoretically do stereo without a
soundcard), but never got around to playing with it.

-Thor Johnson