[mythtv-users] Problems with audio - high pitched audio playback

Steve Dorsey steve at dorseygraphics.com
Sun Mar 20 17:46:01 UTC 2005

Hello

   I'm setting up a machine using Myth .17. I have almost everything up
and running, but I have noticed that my audio sounds high-pitched and
whiny. Like Minnie Mouse. Everyone is talking at the correct speed, but
the audio is at a much higher pitch and it's a bit noisy as well.

   Not sure what to make of it. I can play back audio clips (.wav files)
with no degradation.

   Also, if I copy a file to my Mac (or from my Mac), sounds fine on the
Mac. I only have problems on the Myth box.

   Sound card is a Turtle Beach Catalina card. I'm using the green
headphone jack right now.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.