[mythtv-users] Soundcard Recommendation

Darren Richards darren.richards at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 16:01:33 UTC 2005

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 18:00:21 -0500, Michael Haan <michael.haan at gmail.com> wrote:
> I *just* bought this card - got a quick how to for getting it to work?

I've got the following lines in my modprobe.conf:

alias snd-card-0 snd-cmipci
install snd-cmipci /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install snd-cmipci &&
/usr/sbin/alsactl restore >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
remove snd-cmipci { /usr/sbin/alsactl store >/dev/null 2>&1 || : ; };
/sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-remove snd-cmipci

I also had to tweak some settings with in alsamixer to get the optical
output to work.  Can't remember which ones, but just fire up live tv
or a recording and start enabling/disabling things until you hear
something.

-darren