[mythtv-users] Re: Energy Usage of MythBoxes

Khanh Tran khanh at slc.edu
Sun Mar 20 13:58:22 UTC 2005

Yes, and by these numbers, it should go to show mom's old rant was true.  We don't own stock in the electric company.  Turning off a few of those 60-100 watt light bulbs in rooms you aren't in would probably more than offset the cost of an added mythbox.  Especially for frontend-only systems.  I'd wager your CRT TV/monitor consumes more than your Mythbox.

-Khanh